I found a book meme that I kinda like and its nice to have a little something in the blog until I post on Volf later.
1. One book that changed your life:
Theopolitical Imagination by William Cavanaugh. Its always the small things that change our worlds.
2. One book you’ve read more than once:
The Chosen by Chaim Potok.
3. One book you’d want on a desert island:
Lord of the Flies by William Golding.
4. One book that made you laugh:
Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ’s Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore. This is hands down the funniest book I’ve ever read.
5. One book that made you cry:
The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein.
6. One book you wish had been written:
Those other stories that the author of the Gospel of John alludes to.
7. One book you wish had never been written:
So many choices! There was a debate between Grudem and Eldredge, but then John Piper’s Desiring God won out.
8. Book(s) you’re currently reading:
Dynamics of Theology by Roger Haight and Anamnesis as Dangerous Memory by Bruce Morrill.
9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:
Exclusion and Embrace by Miroslav Volf. I’ve been putting if off for years, well that and Between Cross and Resurrection: A Theology of Holy Saturday by Alan Lewis.
10. Now tag five people:
No. If you’ve been meaning to update your blog, here is your opportunity. If you don’t have a blog, and want to respond, leave a comment (Yes, I ripped this last one off from Chris).